This pixel protocol was designed by World Semi in China. WS2818A offers the same functionality as WS2818, but with slightly different timing, and built only for 5V applications. The control circuit comes in a SOP8 package, allowing for more flexibility with LED choice.
Output Pixel Voltage
|Up to 67fps|
Data Transfer Rate
Redundant Data Line
Considerations for Use
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 67fps
- Redundant data line reduces chance of entire strip failure
- Limited to 5V, causing short cable lengths
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which can be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth
Are you looking for WS2818A pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN?