This pixel protocol was designed by World Semi in China. WS2818 offers many of the benefits the WS28xx series is famous for, as well as being the first in the series to support an output voltage of up to 24V, making it one of the most common protocols for pixel lighting displays. The control circuit comes in a SOP8 package, allowing for more flexibility with LED choice.
Output Pixel Voltage
|5 - 24V|
|Up to 67fps|
Data Transfer Rate
Redundant Data Line
Considerations for Use
- Up to 24V, allowing for very long cable lengths
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 67fps
- Redundant data line reduces chance of entire strip failure
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which can be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth
Are you looking for WS2818 pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN?