This pixel protocol was designed by Sunmoon Microelectronics in China. SM16712 is equipped with all the same features as its previous version, SM16703, but supports 4 RGB pixels off the one chip. The control circuit comes in a SOP16 package, allowing for more flexibility with LED choice.
Output Pixel Voltage
|5 - 24V|
|Up to 40fps|
Data Transfer Rate
Redundant Data Line
Considerations for Use
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 40fps
- Up to 24V, allowing for very long cable lengths
- Drives 4 pixels off a single SOP16 chip.
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which can be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth
- No redundancy in data
Are you looking for SM16712 pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN?