This pixel protocol was designed by World Semi in China. WS2818A offers the same functionality as WS2818, but with slightly different timing, and built only for 5V applications. The control circuit comes in a SOP8 package, allowing for more flexibility with LED choice.
Are you looking for WS2818A pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN? All PixLite Mk3 products support WS2818A as an available Pixel IC type, so get in touch with us to find out how the lighting specialists at Advatek can support you in your pixel lighting project.
|Color Resolution||8 bits|
|Output Pixel Voltage||5V|
|Suitable Camera||Up to 67fps, see Refresh Rate and PWM Rate|
|Data Transfer Rate||800kbps|
|Redundant Data Line||Yes|
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 67fps
- Redundant data line reduces chance of entire strip failure
- Limited to 5V, causing short cable lengths
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which will generally be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth