This pixel protocol was designed by World Semi in China. WS2818 offers many of the benefits the WS28xx series is famous for, as well as being the first in the series to support an output voltage of up to 24V, making it one of the most common protocols for pixel lighting displays. The control circuit comes in a SOP8 package, allowing for more flexibility with LED choice.
Are you looking for WS2818 pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN? All PixLite Mk2 and Mk3 products support WS2818 as an available Pixel IC type, so get in touch with us to find out how the lighting specialists at Advatek can support you in your pixel lighting project.
Note: When configuring your PixLite device, select 'WS2815' as your Pixel Type. This is the equivalent protocol that will allow you to use WS2818 pixels.
|Color Resolution||8 bits|
|Output Pixel Voltage||5 – 24V|
|Suitable Camera||Up to 67fps, see Refresh Rate and PWM Rate|
|Data Transfer Rate||800kbps|
|Redundant Data Line||Yes|
- Up to 24V, allowing for very long cable lengths
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 67fps
- Redundant data line reduces chance of entire strip failure
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which will generally be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth